Phone charger warning after Llangefni fire

Two people were taken to hospital after an overheated phone charger started a house fire in Llangefni.

Three crews from Llangefni, Menai Bridge and Bangor were called out to the bedroom of a property in Pencraig at just after 8.35pm last Friday night (3rd May).

Four people were given a precautionary check at the scene by paramedics – two were taken to Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor to be treated for smoke inhalation.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said officers were warning residents against the dangers of electrical fires.

Gwyn Jones, community safety manager for Gwynedd and Môn, said: ”This incident highlights the dangers of electrical fires  – they can strike anytime, anywhere.”

”Phone chargers can get really hot – never leave items on charge or unattended for long periods  and ensure the plug to the charger is switched off even if it’s not connected to your phone or electrical item. Never mix and match chargers or use aftermarket chargers – always use the charger supplied.”

”Always follow the manufacturers’ instructions and guidance when using electrical items and turn off and unplug them before you go to bed.”

”Our advice is to be as prepared as possible in the event of fire, by ensuring that working smoke alarms are fitted in your home and that you have clear escape routes to enable you and your family to exit your home as quickly as possible.”

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MônFM

Eich Gorsaf, Eich Llais / Your Station, Your Voice