Bangor City manager Kevin Nicholson has left the club by mutual consent.
Nicholson, whose contract with City ends next week, led them to runners-up spot in the Welsh Premier during his sole season in charge. His assistant, Gary Taylor Fletcher, is also leaving the club.
Bangor said on Sunday night that a new management duo would be announced at a press conference on Thursday afternoon.
Nicholson, a former first team coach at Cardiff City, joined Bangor last May – taking over from Taylor Fletcher, who was in temporary charge following the sacking of Ian Dawes in March last year.
Taylor Fletcher, the ex-Blackpool, Huddersfield and Leicester striker, arrived at Nantporth in January 2017, going onto score ten goals in 37 appearances for the Citizens while tackling management duties.
His last appearance for City came in their 2-1 home defeat to Bala Town in March. His contract with the club is due to expire at the end of next month.
Nicholson’s name was previously linked with Chester FC’s ongoing search for a new boss to replace Marcus Bignot following their relegation from the National League last month.
While he enjoyed a successful campaign in charge on the pitch, City’s WPL relegation after it failed to gain an FAW licence denied Nicholson the chance to compete in the Europa League next season. The club is set to take legal action over their demotion at the High Court.
In a statement posted on Twitter, Nicholson said he remained ”exteremely proud” of City’s achivements over the season: ”I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working with the players, the staff and everyone at the club. I wish them all the best for the future.”
”I will also never forget the level of support I personally had from the Bangor fans and I thank them for how they welcomed me into their club. I look forward to the future and the next challenge.”
City’s director of football Stephen Vaughan Jr said: ”We achieved the goals we set out and they leave the club knowing we where last season the second best team in the WPL.”
”Together, we had built an excellent squad and have made great progress over a short period of time. With the news at the end of the season that we would not be granted a tier 1 WPL licence for 2018-2019, it was agreed mutually that we would part our ways.”
Their replacements are set to be announced at Nantporth at 2pm on Thursday.