Man taken to hospital after Caernarfon flat fire

A man was taken to hospital after a fire at a flat in Caernarfon was started by unattended cooking.

Two crews were called out to the property at Llys yr Eifl at just before 8.10pm last Thursday evening (12th December).

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the occupant tried to tackle the fire himself before calling 999. He was taken by ambulance to Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Paul Jenkinson, the fire service’s head of response, said: ”Time and time again, we attend house fires which have started in the kitchen – it is so easy to forget your cooking, especially if you are tired, distracted or have been drinking.”

”However, the consequences can be devastating. Our message is clear – never turn your back on your cooking, even for a minute.”

”If you do have a fire in your home, our advice is to get out, stay out and call 999. Never tackle a fire yourself – unfortunately during this incident the resident had tried to tackle the fire, and as a result was hospitalised for smoke inhalation.”

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MônFM

Eich Gorsaf, Eich Llais / Your Station, Your Voice