Local sports results: 22/09 – 23/09/2017


JD Sports Welsh Premier League
Aberystwyth Town 2-3 Bangor City
Traditionally a battle of the university towns, Bangor’s first meeting with Aber this season had more edge than usual as they faced former manager Nev Powell. The first half was a stalemate, but under the glare of the Sgorio cameras, the second half proved a classic.

Aber drew first blood as Luke Borelli volleyed home shortly after the hour mark. Gary Taylor Fletcher came off the subs bench to level with his second touch on 65 minutes. All looked won for City when Brayden Shaw headed home in the 89th minute, but almost immediately, Borrelli – who had been on top form all evening – squared the ball to Jamie Hobson to restore parity. The drama at Park Avenue only reached a definite climax when Steven Hewitt rifled home from just outside the box in the 93rd minute.

Bangor clinched their first away win of the campaign to climb to fourth in the table – while Aber still scrape the bottom with just one point from their opening six games.

Huws Gray Alliance
FC Queen’s Park 2-2 Holyhead Hotspur
Hotspur wasted a two goal lead upon their first trip to a Wrexham side still learning the ropes about second-tier football since promotion. John Littlemore tipped the game in Holyhead’s favour at the break and Rees Brown headed in their second just after the break. That led to Mike Latham’s response five minutes later, before Barry Torrence equalised to deny the visitors all three points.
Porthmadog 2-1 Airbus UK Broughton
After Wednesday’s defeat at Holyhead, Port responded in fine style by beating the league leaders. Sion Bradley set up Joe Chaplin to take the lead on 23 minutes, only for Mark Jones to level for the Wingmakers. But Chaplin cooly grabbed his second after the break, and despite a tense second half, Port keeper Richard Harvey helped to shut out Airbus and claim a huge victory which keeps them in the top three.

FAW Welsh Trophy second round
Blaenau Ffestiniog 0-2 Pentraeth
Conwy Borough 4-3 Holyhead Town (after extra time)
Llanberis 4-1 Amlwch Town
Llandudno Albion 2-4 Penrhyndeudraeth
Llannefydd 2-1 Trearddur Bay United
Llanrug United 6-0 Bodedern Athletic
Meliden P-P Glantraeth – Glantraeth pulled out of competition
Nantlle Vale P-P Llanfairpwll – Llanfairpwll unable to raise a team
Penmaenmawr Phoenix 4-3 Bontnewydd
Prestatyn Sports 4-2 Aberffraw
Pwllheli 6-1 Llanrwst United
Y Felinheli 3-4 Llanystumdwy

Lock Stock Welsh Alliance
Division One
Barmouth & Dyffryn United 2-2 Llandyrnog United
George Southerns’ four minute brace for Barmouth in the first half was met by Mark Roberts’ double in the last six minutes.
Division Two
Cemaes Bay 1-4 Meliden
Gareth Torr’s effort on 57 minutes was the best Cemaes could muster as they fell to an eighth straight defeat. An own goal just before half time didn’t help matters.
Llanerchymedd 1-3 Glan Conwy
Andrew Roberts drew level for Llan after going behind to Carl Stevens’ strike. But two quick goals from Jamie Jones in the second half keeps the hosts waiting for their first win after nine attempts.
Reserves Division
Llangefni Town 5-1 Llandudno Junction
Without a first team game this weekend, Cefni strengthened to dispatch Junction, but only after the visitors went ahead via James Nettleson. Ross Mark, Kai Roberts, Cameron Jones, Harry Gaelotty and Osian Jones hit back for Town’s second win of the season.
Holyhead Hotspur 3-2 Llanberis
The match had barely lasted seconds when Mike Edwards took the lead for Holyhead, who went onto clinch the points via Sion Davies and Tom Scott. Aaron Parry and Josh Hughes kept Llanberis in tow.

Kon-X Wales Anglesey League
Bodorgan 0-5 Llangoed and District Reserves
Bryngwran Bulls 4-2 Arriva FC
Mynydd Tigers 2-1 Caergybi
Pentraeth Reserves 2-3 Llandegfan

Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd League
Beaumaris Town 1-7 Waunfawr
Four goals in a fifteen-minute rout for Sion Roberts put Waunfawr beyond reach after a brace from Meurig Parry and a Dylan Hughes penalty. Dean Richmond replied for Beaumaris from the spot.
Gwalchmai 0-1 Talysarn Celts
Gerwyn Williams with the winning goal on 38 minutes
Llangoed & Distrcit 2-1 Nefyn United
Steve Jones hit back after Sion Morris and Ben Wright edged the hosts in front, but Nefyn couldn’t find an equaliser.
Menai Bridge Tigers 7-0 Llanllyfni
Guy Hughes put in the performance of the day with five goals – Andy Clarke and Gethin Davies added one each.


Principality Premiership West
Swansea 16-16 RGC

WRU Division One North
Llandudno 31-20 Llangefni
Colwyn Bay 5-69 Pwllheli
Bethesda 8-27 Bala
Caernarfon 16-20 Bro Ffestiniog
WRU Division Three North
Holyhead 29-8 Benllech
Teirw Nant 36-6 Menai Bridge
Pwllheli 2nds 28-24 Machynlleth