Caernarfon Town condemns Oval vandals

Caernarfon Town FC

Caernarfon Town FC has condemned vandals who broke into the club’s ground twice in a week.

The Cymru Premier club says its facing ”great cost” after its boardroom, club shop and hospitality suite was damaged at The Oval on Monday night (24th February). The canteen was also targeted last week.

The Cofis have also thanked fans who turned up at the ground on Tuesday night to clean up some of the damage.

The break-ins follow a recent increase in anti-social behaviour in the town.

Paul Evans, interim chairman at Caernarfon Town, said: ”We are disappointed and very frustrated to have been targeted in this way. Last week’s incident, which was limited to the canteen, was bad enough, but this latest piece of vandalism is of a much greater scale and will set the club back financially.”

Caernarfon Town FC

”We are a volunteer led club that is run by supporters, for the supporters, and pride ourselves on being a big part of the community. It saddens us greatly that someone would think to harm us in this way.”

”We wish to think all the supporters who turned up at the ground tonight to help us clear the mess that had been left behind. We, as a board, are once again indebted to the Cofi Army for assisting us when we really need it.”

The club has urged anyone with information about the break ins to contact PC Dylan Wyn Hughes at Caernarfon police station on 101.

On the pitch, Caernarfon will face Cefn Druids at The Oval in the Welsh Cup quarter finals on Friday night (7.45pm) – in a game which will see new manager Huw Griffiths face his former club for the first time since he was sacked by the Ancients last month.

The club’s also preparing to a semi-pro international when Cymru ‘C’ take on England ‘C’ on Tuesday 24th March.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MônFM

Eich Gorsaf, Eich Llais / Your Station, Your Voice