Caernarfon stabbing: man released on bail


A man questioned after a stabbing in Caernarfon has been released on conditional bail.

The 33 year-old was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder at a block of flats in the Pendalar area of the town on Sunday night (29th December).

Detectives said a 35 year-old local man was stabbed multiple times at Llys Buddug at around 9.35pm. His injuries were originally thought to be life threatening, but he is now in a stable condition in hospital.

On New Year’s Eve, police named two men from the Caernarfon area, who they believe could have been potential key witnesses to the stabbing. They’re not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident.

DS Dafydd Hughes, the lead investigating officer at Caernarfon police station, said: ”We believe there are two key witnesses who could help us – 24-year-old Mark Griffiths who is also known locally as Mark Fango, and 34-year-old Craig Oulton who is known locally as Craig Batman.”

”We would be grateful if they would come forward voluntarily as we believe they may have information which could be crucial to the investigation.”

Forensic experts have been at the scene of the attack since Sunday night while detectives have set up an incident room at Caernarfon police station.

The suspect, a local man, was arrested within an hour of the stabbing. He has been granted conditional police bail pending further inquiries.

Chief Inspector Brian Kearney said the victim was rushed to Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor in a critical condition, but after undergoing emergency surgery, he was now said to be stable.

DCI Kearney added: ”We are grateful to the ambulance crew and emergency team at Ysbyty Gwynedd for their work in saving this man’s life.”

Anyone with information about the attempted murder should contact Caernarfon CID on 101, quoting reference no. 19100760630.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Eich Gorsaf, Eich Llais / Your Station, Your Voice