Cat killed in Trefor house fire

North Wales Fire & Rescue Service

A cat has died after a serious house fire in Trefor.

A woman escaped the blaze at her home on Lime Street on Monday evening (2nd December). Two crews from Pwllheli and Nefyn were called out to the property at just before 6.55pm.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the woman tried to tackle the fire herself and was ”extremely lucky to escape without being seriously hurt”. She was given a check-up by paramedics at the scene.

The ground floor of the building was left completely gutted by fire while the first floor was badly damaged by smoke.

It’s believed the fire was started by an unattended candle on a window sill, which ignited wooden blinds.

Jeff Hall from North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, said: ”This incident clearly highlights the importance of smoke alarms, which alerted the sleeping resident to a fire in her home.”

”Our advice upon discovering a fire is to get out, stay out and call 999 – do not try and tackle the fire yourself.”

”I would appeal to residents to be very careful when using candles or naked flames. This warning is particularly relevant in the run up to Christmas when people may consider using candles within their festive decorations.”

The house has now been boarded up due to the damage.

Leave A Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MônFM

Eich Gorsaf, Eich Llais / Your Station, Your Voice